Donations to assist with Liz's Medical Bills

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Should be a nice weekend

Well this week was about as normal as I get these days . I felt pretty good for the most part . The nausea is starting to be not as bad . The pills help me eat but I still have a lack of hunger and nothing ever really sounds good . The nurses keep telling me never eat anything you love while getting treatment , it can make you hate it , find it gross , or since the taste buds are all messed up think that it is made wrong or something is off in it . I have made the mistake now a few times . I thought I would have cheesecake bad choice tasted weird ( 1st time I have ate it since the food show when I ate all like 3 bad samples in a row I don't think I will ever eat it again ) A few different cereals Corn pops ( Yuck ! ) frosted flakes ( gross ! ) oatmeal ( strange texture ) chicken noodle soup ( too salty ) I have a few more but as I list them I am sorta getting depressed thinking at what few things I actually will have left to eat . I will be worse than those little kids that only eat chicken nuggets , ketchup and apples .

So with that said guess what I am doing on Sunday ? I am going to a benefit for the Broadway Center . They call it ' Food Stars " it's catered by 6 different restraunts from around town . I am sure that with my small appetite I will have some happy people sitting around me . I found a super cute dress at Ross for less than 20 bucks , shoes at Target - 20 , necklace w/ earring set Sears 18 bucks , wig 40 and make 6 dollars . not to bad I can also wear the dress for a few other things I have coming up . The wig is super cute too !! So happy ! This should be good ! Fingers crossed .

2 comments:

  1. I want to see photos of you and Karyn in your dresses and at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy,

    you are very eloquent in speaking about your treatment and how it is affecting you. It was good to get a chance to hangout with you at the anniversary party on Saturday. If I lived closer we would spend a lot more time together. I am glad that you are moving in with Karyn, cause I know it will be really good for you and you two are a hoot together. I love you madly,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete